Sunday, January 14, 2018

Zumbro training 1/8-1/14 Recap

Monday: REST

Tuesday:  Hill day!  Tuesday's assignment was 20 minute warm up, then 10x2 minute hill repeats with recovery just being what it took to go back down at easy effort, and a 10 minute cool down.  Workout felt good,  Pretty tired on the run, averaged 7:40 pace on the climbs.  Run felt good and I probably could have done a few more repeats, but it pushed me just right.

Wednesday: As is becoming normal, Wednesday was an easy pace road run.  Ran a bit too hard and got in 6.7 miles during the assigned hour.  Too fast, but it felt pretty good.

Thursday:  REST

Friday: Friday speed assignment was 3x2mile Cruise Intervals at 7:30 pace, with 3 minute recovery.  Ran my 20 minute warm up, and got down to business.  First rep was great, got it done in 14:57.  Turns out this was the best rep of the morning.  Fresh snow is killer!  Rep 2 was 15:03, and the plow came along during this one.  I was hoping the plow would help.  Nope, the plow just uncovered the ice under the snow.  Rep was slow, clocking in at 15:13.  Despite the going being slow, it was a good run.  Temp started at -17 and went down to -20 while I was running.  Nice crisp morning.

Saturday: Hit the cross country ski trails at Giant's Ridge.  Run felt good, even if I was a little slow. Got in 10 milea in 2:24:00 and called it good.  Assignment was 2:30:00, but my left hand was freezing and I figure permanent damage would have been a bad thing.

Sunday:  Another run at Giant's Ridge again for day 2 or my b2b longish runs.  Assignment was 1:30:00 and I ended up running for 1:30:04 and 6.69 miles.  Temp was somewhere like -15, it was a good day.

Next week is a "mandatory down week," so we'll see what that brings!

Total Distance: 41.21 miles
Total Time on Feet: 7:35:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear the wolf howl: Superior 100

I thought that running the 2018 Zumbro Endurance run, in a blizzard, would be the hardest thing I have ever done.  Superior smiled and sa...