Sunday, January 21, 2018

Zumbro training 1/15-1/21 Recap

This week was a tough one, not the mileage, duration or the runs, but the fact that it was a mandatory down week!  There wre only 4 days of running.  As it turns out, my body needed it.  I caught a somewhat nasty head cold and it lasted half the week.  Coach Jake must be able to see the uture or something....

Monday: REST

Tuesday:  Trail Fartlek.  This one actually went fairly well.  I hit a flatter.easier section of trail, as instructed, and managed decent paces during the fast parts of the run.  Running through snow meant there was quite a bit of walking during the recovery portions, but I'm OK with that!


Wednesday: Another Easy Pace Road Run for 1:00:00.  Pace ended up being "a bit" faster than easy, as I got in 6.8 miles and averaged 8:49 pace....oops....

Thursday: REST

Friday: Assignment was 1:15:00 easy pace trail run.  I went to Giant's ridge and hit up the trails, running ahead of the groomer, so my tracks would get erased, so as to not be in the way for the skiers.  Got in a solid 6.2 miles

Saturday: Long Run.  Was down in WI visiting mom and going to a baby shower so, of course, I hit up Whitetail Ridge.  I was hoping for 15-16 miles in the 3:00:00 assigned.  The mashed potato consistency snow made that a no go for me.  Got in 14 miles and I'm OK with that.

Sunday:  What??? Huh??? Another rest day??? Well, I guess it is a down week! And, after a fub weekend with family and friends, bookmarked by 240 mile drives, rest is ok.

Total Distance: 32 miles
Total Time on Feet: 6:16:02

Side note:  Got my confirmation for Superior on Friday!  2018 race calendar is complete!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, woot, blogspot remembers me! I can comment. Love how you got to run somewhere away from home. So nice to see new sights.

    ReplyDelete

Hear the wolf howl: Superior 100

I thought that running the 2018 Zumbro Endurance run, in a blizzard, would be the hardest thing I have ever done.  Superior smiled and sa...