Sunday, February 18, 2018

Zumbro training 2/5-2/18 Recap

Between work and training it's been a crazy beginning to February, so here's 2 weeks worth of training log!

Week 1


Monday: REST

Tuesday:  Assignment was 2x3mile Cruise intervalls at 7:40 pace (23:00min) with 3 minute recovery jog. It was a brisk -20F (-28.8C) this morning. Ran my 2o minute warm up and got down to business. First rep I got done in just about 22:50, so pretty good, but I could feel the effort in it, that's for sure! 3 minute recovery ended up being a little longer because my watch froze and it took like 30 seconds or so to get it working again.... just glad I didn't have to do a soft reset on it!

Second set I was pretty tired. These Cruise intervals are supposed to be a "comfortably hard" pace... not sure what that means, but rep 2 was pretty painful Anyway, I did what I had to do and got it done in almost exactly 23:00, I was like 0.2 seconds off according to my Garmin, but as we all know, that's WAY within margin of error given tracking ability of GPS watches.

Wednesday: Officially assigned a road run.  Got in 6.7 miles in the 1:00:00 assigned to run.  Run felt good

Thursday: REST

Friday: Trail Run.  Assignment was 1:00:00 on trail.  I got in 5.5 miles and it was -14F, not much more to add.

Saturday: Out/back day.  Assignment was 1 hour easy run and get back in 55min.  Went out running with my Buddy Andy and got in 10 miles because I got back in less than 55min!

Sunday:  9.8 trail miles at the ridge.  Fun running

Total Distance: 41.2 miles
Total Time on Feet: 7:16:31

Week 2

Monday:  Normal REST day

Tuesday:  Hill repeat day.  Assignment was 10x2min hill repeats.  Decided to switch it up a bit and did the repeats on trail with double the grade of my normal road repeats.  My legs felt it, but I loved it.... After taking to coach.... I wanted to find an easier hill, but he said to use that one...

Wednesday: Officially assigned a road run.  Got in 6.9 miles in the 1:00:00 assigned to run.  Run felt good

Thursday: REST

Friday: 1:00:00 Trail run Got in 5.85 miles before work in the cold weather.

Saturday: Was in Duluth and hit the course for Wild Duluth... Ah, my first ultra, such foggy but good memories.  Got in 14.47 miles.... So close to 13.5 but didn't notice that.... gggrrrr.....

Sunday:  2 hour trail run day.  With heavy legs from yesterday, and again hitting the WD100k course, I was feeling pretty tired.  Got in exactly 9 miles though, so good day!

Total Distance: 42 miles
Total Time on Feet: 8:19:17

So, there you have it, two weeks worth of Zumbro training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear the wolf howl: Superior 100

I thought that running the 2018 Zumbro Endurance run, in a blizzard, would be the hardest thing I have ever done.  Superior smiled and sa...