Monday, December 25, 2017

Zumbro training 12/18-12/24 Recap

Getting last week's log in a little late.  Traveling for the Thanksgiving weekend put me a little behind, but it was worth it!

Monday: REST  This normal rest day really helped me recharge.  I used to begrudge rest days, but the Friday/Saturday/Sunday combination of Trail/SpeedWork/Long Trail, really kicks my rear, so I'm happy with the recovery.

Tuesday:  Hill day!  Tuesday's assignment was 20 minute warm up, then 7x 2 minute hill repeats with recovery just being what it took to go back down at easy effort, and a 10 minute cool down.  Workout felt good,  There was some -semi-fresh. somewhat driven on snow on the road, making for trickier running, so my paces were slower, I averaged like 7:29 pace on the repeats.  Not too bad though.

Wednesday: As is becoming normal, Wednesday was an easy pace road run.  Ran a bit too hard and got in 6.7 miles during the assigned hour.  Too fast, but it felt pretty good.

Thursday:  REST

Friday: Friday speed assignment was 4x1mile Cruise Intervals at 7:15 pace, with only 1 minute recovery.  Ran my 20 minute warm up, and an amazing first rep, clocking in at 7:09.  From there, things went downhill.  Rep 2 was a slow, but somewhat respectable 7:21.  Wheels totally came off on Reps 3 and 4, clocking in at 7:46 and 7:48 respectively. I'm not sure ir it was the slick roads, having only 1 minute between reps or some mental or physical block, but I just couldn't go any faster on those last 2 reps.  Glad I have a coach after that run.  His response was that I was still close and that we all have those kind of days.  I really needed to hear that, bad runs are bad for my psyche.

Saturday: Down in West ceentral wisconsin.  I hit the MTB trails at Whitetail Ridge for my 2 hour run.  Got in exactly 10 miles, which made me feel good, it was one of my fastest trail runs yet.

Sunday:  Hit up Whitetail Ridge again for day 2 or my b2b longish runs.  Assignment was 1:30:00 and I ended up running for 1:34:41 and 8.3 miles.  Good day.

Total Distance: 39.3 miles
Total Time on Feet: 6:45:03

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear the wolf howl: Superior 100

I thought that running the 2018 Zumbro Endurance run, in a blizzard, would be the hardest thing I have ever done.  Superior smiled and sa...